Monday, May 4, 2015

22 hours in Naptown

I did it: I survived my first overnight away from Max.

Victor was in meetings in Annapolis all day Friday, learning new "golden nuggets," as he calls them, to help him hone his skills as a lawyer.  He goes every year, and I typically join him Friday evening for dinner, drinks, and fun in my favorite waterfront city.

The view from the cocktail party

We could have taken Max, but it would have been a repeat of our beach trip a few weeks ago, meaning we would've been back in the hotel by 8 PM.  Being baby-free gave us a bit more freedom.  We went to the cocktail party with Victor's colleagues at the Marriott (on the same waterfront terrace that was almost our wedding location), strolled to dinner at 8:30 PM, and swung by the after-party at 11 PM at the Westin.  On Saturday, Victor went to more meetings while I leisurely showered and got ready, watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians, browsed Pier 1, dropped some dollars at LOFT, then did some Mother's Day shopping at my favorite boutique, Lou Lou, before meeting Victor for lunch and some ice cream.

Sitting in traffic.  For once I don't mind.


There were beautiful flower arrangements all over the city.  This was one of my favorites.


Ego Alley in Annapolis



Max did wonderfully with Victor's parents and loved being spoiled rotten by his avos.  We couldn't have asked for a better first overnight.  It's very comforting to know that Max was happy and loved while we were away.


His first pillow/blanket fort.  Avos house is the coolest!

While I enjoyed being baby-free, I couldn't wait to get back to my little goose.  But when I got to Victor's parents' house, he was napping, so I waited in the backyard amongst the lilacs.

They smelled divine

Hope you all had an equally wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!! love the flowers and so glad things went well leaving max!! :) i think he was in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers were so pretty. I wish I had taken more photos, there were some really stunning arrangements. And Max was in very good hands. I wasn't incredibly worried about him...just missed him lots!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!