Thursday, March 19, 2015

We moved {finally!}

We were finally able to move into our new house last weekend and spent our first night here on Sunday.  We are so happy to be all moved in...but we're still nowhere near all unpacked.

We slowly packed up our things and moved stuff over the course of a month (give or take), so it's taking a bit to get it all organized.  I'm also being very mindful of what gets to stay here in this house with us.  You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to move it!  I say this every time I move, too!  I've already filled two moving boxes with clothes to donate.  In one of those boxes is my favorite pair of jeans from college that I've packed up and moved 5 times since I last wore them...5 times!  It's time to let them go.

These are the jeans (that's me on the left).  Man I miss those girls (my college roommates), and that place (Miami University).


Anyway, here are some snapshots of some of my favorite parts of our new house.

Our dining area between the kitchen and family room

FINALLY have my china cabinet (which I bought in November 2013) in our house with our wedding china.

This view

Our master bedroom chandelier

The powder room vanity

I've spent all week unpacking and organizing.  Today I took a break from all that and made some baby food.  We're slowly introducing Max to table food, so I need a good stockpile of mushy pureed fruits and veggies for when he's not interested in what we're having for dinner.  This stuff should last him a bit.

Steamin' up some carrots.  Max LOVES carrots, just like his mama...and his dog.

Peaches and carrots

Blueberries and apples
 I made a disproportionate amount of fruit.  Because Max loves fruit.  Just like his mama again.

 I'd like to give a shout-out to my immersion blender.  She worked hard today.

Good work today, Blenda.


Hope you're having a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!