Friday, June 24, 2016

Week in Review | June 20-24, 2016

It's been a typical week in our house, more or less. Various things going on, some notable, others mundane. And now it's Friday, the weekend is imminent and this mama's looking forward to a relaxing and somewhat productive weekend with my little family.

On Monday, Louisa had her one month check-up. Girlfriend weighs 10 lbs, 2.5 ounces (76th percentile) and is 22.5 inches long (92nd percentile). I was somewhat shocked by her weight; I expected at least 9 pounds, but 10 was a surprise. She received one shot, and her "that hurts!" cry was so pitifully adorable! Made my mama heart break!


My Tuesday morning was chronicled in this post. Two kids ages two and under with a side of mom brain make for some interesting mornings. The rest of the day, especially once naptime hits, goes pretty smoothly, but the morning is always all over the place. We had some crazy storms Tuesday afternoon and my sister's dog wasn't the biggest fan. She kept coming over to me and resting her head on my lap or putting her paw on me. The thunder and hail freaked her out a bit.


On Wednesday, Victor and I celebrated our 3-year wedding anniversary. We headed to dinner with Louisa (haven't started pumping/bottles yet and she's still unpredictable with her evening eating habits, so I thought it was best to have her with us in case she became insatiable) and left Max with my in-laws. Dinner was nice; we went to Sakura for the first time without the rest of Victor's family and had a lovely time. The only photo I took was of the food in the shape of "I {heart} U," courtesy of our chef. I also gave Max a haircut after naptime, and it went fairly well; however, I think it would be best for me to watch some tutorials on YouTube before the next trim.



On Thursday, Victor's cousin and aunt came by to officially meet Louisa (they saw her a bit at their family party last weekend but she slept the whole time we were there). They were so kind and brought lunch with enough to keep for leftovers! I truly realized, though, how difficult it is to carry on a coherent conversation with my two kiddos present. If it wasn't Louisa fussing, it was Max's constant jabbering and requests that interrupted my train of thought. I think I uttered several unfinished sentences/stories in the two hours they were here. After nap/before dinner, the kids and I went to Home Goods to get a picture frame. We came home with all of this.


Oops.

That brings us to today, which is Friday...not Saturday (I spent the better part of yesterday thinking it was Friday). Today I'm planning to go through my closet to pack away my maternity clothes and pull out my "regular" clothes. I'm still about 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and can't quite fit into my pants/shorts, but I don't need to wear maternity stuff at all so it's time to box it up. My closet could also use another good purge so I'll be filling my Goodwill bags, as well.

We have no real plans for the weekend, but I imagine we'll spend some time at my in-laws' pool at some point. Mama needs some color! We also need to convince Max that the pool is fun, even if it's a little bit cold. He didn't believe us last weekend.


Isn't he adorable in his swim gear?!

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! May you have many more wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!