Friday, December 2, 2016

Oh hey, Friday! | Welcome December!

Happy Friday y'all! And happy December, as of yesterday! I can't believe how quickly this year is coming to an end! I've started addressing our Christmas cards and making Christmas shopping lists, but my Christmas decorations are still in their bins. Hopefully I'll be able to get to those this weekend. I need some cozy Christmas cheer in my house!

I welcomed December by putting Louisa in Max's old "First Christmas" pajamas yesterday. That was her outfit for the day. She was happy. I was happy. It was a good day.



This week has been a bit crazy as we combat "re-entry" after our trip last week. Here's a peek into our week:

1) A crew began digging up our yard on Monday to remedy an issue the county has with our rainwater drainage. It's a long, boring story so I won't get into it, but our yard has been a mess all week. Also, the utility marking company didn't note where our Verizon Fios line was located when they marked for the dig, so the crew accidentally dug up and sliced right through our Internet and cable line on Monday. Thankfully a nice gentleman got out here on Tuesday, in the rain, to get us temporarily spliced back together until they can bury the line again. That little setback caused my Thanksgiving recap post to be delayed until Wednesday. Find it here in case you missed it!

2) My desire to watch all the Gilmore Girls has really put a damper on my productivity, and at the same time my to-do list is really putting a kink in my plans to watch all the Gilmore Girls. I've made it into the beginning of season 4, but I've got a long way to go until I'm ready for the revival. 

Speaking of Gilmore Girls, have you entered the giveaway! You have until midnight tonight to get entered!

I'm also 3 episodes behind in This Is Us, and I need to watch the 3rd part of the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion. So much TV to watch, so little time!

3) I finally cleared off my desk in our home office so now I can actually sit here and do office-y desk-y things, like blog, send emails, address our Christmas cards, pay bills, etc. I still have a lot of work to do to feel totally organized and settled, but at least I've made a step in the right direction! I'm so excited to finally get all of the office-related clutter out of the kitchen!

4) I did all the kids' laundry on Monday (or maybe it was Tuesday), and it's still sitting, unfolded, partially in the dryer and partially in the basket. Perhaps I'll fold today while I watch some of that TV I need to catch up on.

5) I made a delicious almond-crusted tilapia for dinner this week, and I plan to share the recipe here next week! It's SO GOOD!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!


Linking up with
Karli and Amy


1 comment:

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!