Thursday, October 1, 2015

Recipes That Rock | Roasted Broccoli

One night each week, I make salmon, steamed broccoli, and quinoa for dinner for our family.  It's a big hit with everyone, especially Max.  He LOVES salmon, and he's started to come around to the quinoa, as well.  He still needs convincing on the broccoli though.  

Steamed broccoli is yummy and very good for you.  But sometimes that gets boring.  I wanted to do something a little different last night, so I pulled out an old favorite recipe for roasted broccoli that I haven't made in a few years.  And let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

"Better Than Steak" Roasted Broccoli
(this is what the original recipe claimed.  You be the judge)



I don't remember where I got this recipe.  But it's great.

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 pounds broccoli (or 2 large heads), cut into big florets, thoroughly dried
  • Olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
  • lemon juice
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Be sure broccoli florets are completely dried.  Place on foil-lined cookie sheet.
  3. Toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  4. Slice or mince garlic cloves and toss with broccoli. 
  5. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until "crisp-tender" and the tips of some florets are browned.
  6. After roasting is complete, remove from oven and zest/squeeze lemon juice over broccoli.  Add a bit more olive oil and 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.

When I made this last night, I omitted step 6 and it was still delicious, but I do think the lemon juice and cheese give it an extra little something.

Give it a try!  I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!