Friday, October 23, 2015

A long weekend with family {An overdue recap}

Hey heyyyyy!  Sorry I've been MIA for a while.  We've had a sick mama and sick baby on our hands. Max had a cough about a month ago (doctor said it was viral and would clear up on its own).  It went away, but then I started coughing.  After 3 weeks of feeling like I was going to cough out my tonsils, I went to the doctor, who prescribed a Z-pak.  Unfortunately, it didn't really help and I kept feeling icky throughout the entire 5 days of the antibiotic.  My cough is still lingering, but it's getting better. Max woke up snotty and congested last Wednesday with a nasty cough again, and when his symptoms continued, I took him to the doctor on Friday.  Turns out, he had his first ear infection (I noticed he was sticking his fingers in his ears on Thursday).  He's been on amoxicillin (the yummy pink stuff that I remember fondly from my childhood) for a week now and he seems to be feeling better.  Thank goodness!

Another reason I've been missing is because my mom and sister came to visit last Friday through this Tuesday, so we've been soaking in all the grandma/auntie time.  We love it when they come to visit, but the last few times they've come out here have been short, rushed, and taken up by a big event (like a first birthday party or a baptism).  For this visit, they were here for 5 days, and we had no big events to prepare for or celebrate, so we got lots of quality time with our favorite Ohioans.  Max recognizes them more readily each time he sees them, which warms my heart.  It's hard being so far away from such key players in our lives.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here is a monster photo dump from our long weekend with Auntie and Grandma!

On Saturday, we went back to the vintage barn sale that we visited the last time they came out.  I only bought a print for Max's room, and my mom bought a vintage storage box.  And this was the only photo I took.  Max loved looking at the horsies with Auntie.

On Sunday, my sister and I made some Halloween-themed cakepops.  This is her Snapchat photo of the fruits of our labor.  Mom helped, too.

We had Victor's family over for a ham and cheesy mashed potato dinner Sunday night.  Max was supporting our Bengals all day...still undefeated!  #whodey

My sister's goldendoodle, Mya, came along on this trip, and Max was one happy camper.  He snuggled up with her, gave her hugs, and even tried to blow raspberries on her belly (he only tried that once since he ended up with a mouthful of fur).  She is so gentle with him and I think Max could sense that she was much more welcoming than Kenny is of him.

Kenny was more jealous that Mya was paying attention to Max instead of him.  He's very leery of Max.

We played around with Mom's selfie stick.  They're pretty fun.  My sister is holding a piece of Kraft singles cheese in her hand there.  Our dad always had Kraft singles and saltines as a snack.  We enjoyed some with Ritz crackers.  Max is a fan.


Eating breakfast before Mom and Sis shoved off on Tuesday.  We were very sad to see them go, but we'll be together again for Thanksgiving!

Here are some pics my sister took during this visit.  Max loved having two of his favorite gals in the house. We had an epic dance party Monday night and Max showcased some of his new moves...mostly squats and spins.  My mom got some great video of him busting a move.  I love that my baby loves to dance!

What these photos don't show is a toddler who has learned how to throw some pretty epic tantrums. Who taught him this?!

Hope you all had a great week and an even better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!