Friday, December 18, 2015

31

I turned 31 on Monday, which I think is such a weird age. I'm not at all depressed about how old I am; the year I freaked out about my age was when I turned 27. It physically hurt to say how old I was when my kinders asked on my birthday. I have no idea why that birthday had me all sad, but it's nice to have that "scary age" stuff over with already!

I'm not one to make a big deal about my birthday. I don't really like being the center of attention, so I don't typically gravitate toward throwing a party or having a big gathering of friends. All I really care about is that my birthday gift is not combined with my Christmas gift. I'm a big stickler about that one. As much as I love Christmas, my birthday is a separate entity, so my gift should be, as well. I'm sure people who were born in the other 11 months of the year don't have a combo birthday/Christmas gift. Why should people with December birthdays get the shaft?!

So what did I do on my birthday, you ask? Victor ran out to get the fixins to make me breakfast early Monday morning. I enjoyed a sesame seed bagel with whipped cream cheese (my JAM right now), scrambled eggs, bacon, and a large glass of pulpy orange juice. I also got to open my gifts from Victor and Max; Victor got me the fancy camera I've been asking for for 2 years (!), and Max got me a lovely Willow Tree "Child of my Heart" figurine (so precious, and I was so surprised by this--I LOVE Willow Tree figurines!).

source
After Victor went to work, Max and I did the week's grocery shopping. Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning. I tackled the back half of the main level of our house, which includes the family room, eat-in kitchen area, kitchen, and mudroom. I swept/vacuumed, dusted, mopped, cleared clutter, put away toys, cleaned counters, did many dishes, and made my birthday cake, all while occasionally playing with Max, making/cleaning up lunch, and navigating naptime. I tell ya, these adult birthdays are WILD!

Later that evening, we went out for a Mexican dinner with Victor's parents, brother, brother's fiancee, and fiancee's brother (did you follow that?!). We came back to our house afterward for cake and ice cream.

Max helped blow out the candles. His skills have improved dramatically since his 1st birthday party!
My 2 favorite guys
32 candles: 31 + 1 to grow on

He didn't like that cake one bit.
It was a lovely day. I couldn't have asked for anything more! I joked earlier about how the day was wild, but seriously, I actually went to bed that night looking forward to taking a nap the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!