Friday, February 19, 2016

Oh hey, Friday! | 5 Random Things

Happy to be back linking up for Oh hey, Friday! I don't have a specific theme for today's post, so I'm just throwing together a random combination of 5 different things to tell you. #sorrynotsorry

  1. I'm currently reading For the Love by Jen Hatmaker and I'm loving it! I haven't read a book in a couple of months, and this book was the perfect one to get me back into my groove (thanks for bringing it, Santa!). It's different from my typical chick-lit novel choices, but it's so good. It resonates with me on so many levels. I also love it because it's funny, the chapters are short (which is perfect for my pre-bedtime reading. I don't like stopping mid-chapter), and she makes some profound points. Highly recommended!
    via
  2. Last night, Max went to his first "big kid" birthday party. By "big kid," I mean a party meant just for kids and not a big extended family party like he usually attends. His cousins Juliana and Jayden had a joint 9th and 2nd birthday party at a local bouncy palace, and he had such a great time! I was honestly so impressed with how well-behaved he was, especially once all the bouncing was over and it was time to go eat dinner. There's no denying that my baby is growing up (he turned 21 months on Wednesday). It's sad and fascinating all at the same time. 
    Daddy was a great bouncing/climbing/sliding buddy

    Raise your hand for cheese pizza!

  3. My mom is leaving for Arizona this weekend for spring training (for her job) and I am so very jealous! I can't remember when the Reds moved their training camp to AZ, but I want to say it was 2009 or 2010. I've gone out there every year since for at least a long weekend to visit with my mom and sister, enjoy the Arizona sunshine, and take in some spring training games (and occasionally schmooze with the Reds officials and players). I didn't go in 2014 when I was pregnant with Max, and I'm missing this year, as well. Thankfully Victor, Max and I made a family trip out last year so I could get my fix. I have some serious FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) when I think about not indulging in the startling blue skies, dry desert heat (it's in the 80s there right now), and daily baseball games. However, the Reds traded away many of my favorite players (Todd Frazier to the White Sox??? I could cry!), so it won't be quite the same this year anyway. Wishing my Ma a safe flight and a wonderful time working her booty off in the warm weather! 
    Owners' Weekend 2013 with my ma and sis

    The resort my mom always stays in, The Wigwam. We love it there!
  4. It's supposed to be 61 degrees here on Saturday!!! This might call for a trike ride to Starbucks with my little ginger! We might be getting more snow next week, so we need to take advantage of the nice weather when we can!
  5. We got to see baby girl again via ultrasound on Thursday to check on the location of my placenta. At our anatomy scan at 20 weeks, it was discovered that I had a very low-lying placenta that was only 1 cm away from my cervix (they like it to be at least 2 cm away). To prevent bleeding, I was told not to do any heavy lifting, strenuous activity, or exercise until I came back at 26 weeks to check on it. Good news: the placenta has moved away from the cervix and all is good! Baby girl is measuring small but still within the normal range. I also have what's called marginal cord insertion, which means that the umbilical cord inserted itself near the edge of the placenta instead of near the middle, which could cause the baby to receive decreased blood flow, leading to a lower birthweight. The doctor is not overly concerned about this at this point in time, but I'm scheduled to go back at 32 weeks to check on baby's growth; prayers are appreciated that everything continues to go well with the cookin' of this babe! In the meantime, I'm just enjoying feeling her wiggle and jab/kick around in there. The other day, she kicked me so hard in my bladder that I almost peed myself. No joke.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with 
Karli at September Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!