Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Currently | April 21, 2015

Welcome to my first "Currently" post!


  1. Listening: the dryer, Max's white noise through his monitor, and the passing traffic outside.  No music, no TV.  It's quite peaceful.
  2. Eating: nothing.  Although I'm thinking about indulging in a nice mix of strawberries, blueberries, and banana once I'm finished with this here post.
  3. Drinking: ice water through a purple straw.  Straws are essential.  I need to get Max to drink from a straw.  How do I do that?
  4. Wearing: jeans and a purple-and-white striped lightweight sweater from LOFT.
  5. Feeling: overwhelmed and under-motivated.  I'm in a funk.  I have lots to do: unpacking/organizing/purging, decorating, cleaning, dishes, laundry, Max's first birthday planning...and all I can seem to do is continually worry about all the things I need to do and then avoid doing them.  Snap out of it, Rach!  Time is of the essence!
  6. Weather: After some wicked thunderstorms last night, it is sunshiney and a bit cooler.  Today's high will be 65.  After Max wakes from his nap and we have lunch (leftover spaghetti), we're heading to Michaels and maybe Costco if I'm feeling adventurous and Max is feeling cooperative.  Timing is key for between-nap adventures.
  7. Wanting: these French bistro counter stools for our kitchen island.  Also, ice cream, but since I've stopped breastfeeding the number on the scale is increasing slightly and my pants feel a bit tighter. Bleh.  So no ice cream for me.
  8. Needing: to get on a good schedule.  I think that might be the remedy for my overwhelmed/under-motivated problem.  I need to go to bed by 11 at the latest, wake up at 6, workout, shower, get ready for the day, then get Max up.  Of course, I know what I need to do but I don't do it.  Get with the program, Rach!
  9. Thinking: about opening the box of wooden hangers that was delivered today and organizing the closets on our main level.
  10. Enjoying: our new house.  Even though we still have lots to do to get the house ready for Max's birthday party here next month, I feel very settled and happy here.
Whew!  That was fun!  Now I need to go get something done before Max wakes up!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!