Monday, April 27, 2015

Recipes That Rock | Zucchini Tots

Today I'm going to share with you a favorite side dish recipe that I found on skinnytaste.com a few years ago.

It's one of my go-to recipes for a delicious veggie side with a twist.  I've also made them many times as a dish to share at get-togethers with friends.  My friend Lindsay has even proposed marriage to guarantee herself a lifetime of these tots.

If I could transmit scents through this blog, y'all wouldn't hesitate to whip these babies up.


As mentioned before, I can't take full credit for the existence of these scrumptious little bites of heaven...Gina from Skinnytaste blessed us with their creation.  And she should be worshipped.  They're that delicious.

So, without further ado, I bring you the recipe for

Zucchini Tots

Yields 12 tots

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium-to-large zucchini, washed and grated
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 medium onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs (seasoned or plain.  I always use plain)
  • 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking spray
  • mini-muffin tin

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Generously spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
  2. Grate entire zucchini into a dish towel.  Then wring out excess water from zucchini...there will be a lot.  You can also use a couple of layers of paper towel.

  3. In medium bowl, mix together grated zucchini, egg, onion, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper until well blended. 

  4. Spoon mixture into mini muffin tin cups.  Bake for 15-18 minutes, until top is browned and set. 
And there you have it!


Now go whip these tots up!  They're so good, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!