Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

I hope you all enjoyed the last "official" weekend of summer!  I don't know about you all, but I am SO ready for fall.  Temps have jumped back into the 90s again this week here, so I'm starting to get a bit impatient.  Plus, I just bought these gray Keds and I'm pining for the days I can rock these with some skinny jeans and flannel shirts.

My mom and sister were able to fly in for the weekend, so we had lots of fun visiting, even though it was short.  Here's a look at our weekend in photos.

My mom and sister flew in early Saturday morning (I picked them up at the airport at 7:30 AM), so we had the whole day to play.  I took them to a local vintage barn sale (which is where I got my china cabinet), and it was a BIG hit with my best gals.  There are lots of vendors who sell their items there, and there are so many great finds!  Perhaps one day I'll get into furniture painting/rehab, but for now, I prefer to let other people do the work and I just drool over how beautiful the pieces are.


The shop is called Sweet Clover and is located in Frederick, MD.  If you're local, I highly recommend checking it out!  They're only open the 3rd weekend of every month (with a few exceptions...like the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend), so you have to plan accordingly.  But I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.





An abundance of knobs

My mom purchased some of these typewriter ones.

I loved this desk so much.  I was so tempted to buy it.  But it's a little small for what I need.

Max found this outside.  He didn't want to get out of that chair.


Love this dresser!





This is an old apothecary desk.  I should've taken a picture of me standing next to it to give it some dimension.  I'm 5'4" and the top of the desk comes up to my chin.  It's quite tall.

There's that desk again.  I kept coming back to it.  Can we just talk about those copper drawer pulls?!?


I loved these chairs!  I would've bought one, but they came as a set of 6.  I don't need 6.


Cute scarves

How you entertain a 15-month-old at a vintage barn sale: put him next to a metal basin filled with old billiards balls.
On Sunday morning, my friend from high school and her daughter came over to play.  Max's abundance of ride-on toys came in quite handy.


Bubbles!

Max loves having Grandma and Auntie in town. 

My mom's birthday gift arrived on Saturday and I was so excited I gave it to her right then (her birthday isn't until later this month).  It's a custom watercolor portrait by the very talented Jennifer Vallez of Sophie & Lili.  Check out her stuff...it's beautiful!

Before our favorite gals left town on Monday.

We went to Victor's parents' pool on Monday afternoon/evening and soaked in the last official day of summer.  Today Max and I have done a whole lot of nothing.  In fact, breakfast and lunch dishes are still in the sink.  I might go take care of those...or I might watch the season premiere of Ellen.  I'll probably watch Ellen.

Hope your weekend was fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!