Monday, April 4, 2016

A quick, eventful weekend

I hope you had a lovely weekend! So crazy that it's already April! Victor headed to Florida on Thursday for his brother's bachelor party weekend, so it was just Max and I...until my mom joined us for a 30-hour visit on Saturday and Sunday!

Max got his second hair cut in 2 months on Friday morning; he doesn't have very thick hair, but what he does have grows fast! This cut went better than the first, but he still isn't a huge fan of having his hair messed with. If we keep needing trims every two months, hopefully he'll warm up to them.

On Friday afternoon, Max, the dog, and I were playing in the backyard and noticed a swarm of carpenter bees around Max's playset. We had to settle for playing with bubbles and sticks that afternoon...and Max's "baby." He found his Itty Bitty Superman in his toy box and proceeded to love on it all day, caressing it, hugging it, giving it kisses and sharing food/drink with it. He kept referring to it as his "baby" and it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

On Saturday morning, Max and I headed to the airport to pick up my Mom for a quick weekend visit. She just got back from Arizona the week prior (after 6 weeks in The Grand Canyon State), and it's likely we won't be able to see her again until after baby girl is born. We'll take any visit we can get, no matter how short! On the way home from the airport, we stopped at the mall to return some shoes and to grab lunch, then we headed home for naps (we all took one!). After some backyard playing (carpenter bees weren't visiting on Saturday), the three of us headed to dinner for "chips and go" (chips and guacamole--Max would eat that every day if I let him) at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Max was ready to go get Gaga! See that blurry "baby" in his right hand? He came everywhere with us on Saturday.

We had some wicked winds here Saturday night into Sunday. I'm surprised we didn't lose power--there were sustained winds of 30-40 mph with gusts up to 60! I slept horribly Saturday night, expecting the power to go out, but it never did! However, I'm glad I brought our trash cans into the garage Saturday night because I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to find them if I hadn't. We also had several small tree branches down in our yard, but nothing too serious.

Max was up super early on Sunday, so we watched some Paw Patrol and Bubble Guppies before heading out to grab donuts and coffee. Then we hung around at home for the rest of the morning until naptime. All three of us napped again, and when we woke up, it was time to take my mom to the airport! Max loved having his "Gaga" here and cried when she got out of the car. It was so sad but so heartwarming at the same time. Sometimes I worry that he won't know my family as well as he knows Victor's since he doesn't see them as often; it was bittersweet to see him so sad to see my mom go.

After we dropped my mom off at one area airport, we had to drive 35 miles to another area airport to pick up Victor; traffic was horrendous and it took us over an hour to get to Victor (that's the DC metro area for you--ridiculous traffic, even on the weekend), so Max and I were in the car for close to 3 hours before we got back home. We were so happy to have Dada home, and Max even helped him unpack his suitcase, then moved the pile of dirty clothes to three different locations in the house. Such a good helper, haha!

We're all looking forward to being back to "normal" this week, and I'm hoping I can get some energy bursts to get some different projects completed around the house. Max is teething pretty fiercely right now (these two-year molars need to come in NOW! He's been dealing with these for months!), and he's started chewing on his headboard and side rails to relieve teething pain, mostly at naptime. I just ordered these to hopefully deter him from continually chewing on his hands/fingers, but I also need to fashion a better headboard cover for his bed (I moved his old crib rail covers to his headboard, but they don't fit perfectly and he's chewing around them). Can't wait till these teeth are in because then we're DONE growing teeth for a few years...until baby girl starts teething!

Have a great week, loves! Happy Opening Day for all you baseball fans...GO REDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!