Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A penny for my thoughts?

My brain is a big jumble of random thoughts. I tend to have a running to-do list/grocery list/Amazon list up there, too, but I can never remember what's on it when I need to. Typically, these thoughts keep me from falling asleep at night because I have a hard time turning them off, but now that I have a newborn waking me at all hours of the night again, I'm able to fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow. I was the same way when Max was a bitty, but once I was getting uninterrupted sleep again, my thoughts would occasionally keep me from dozing off.

Here is a sample of the many thoughts floating around in my sleep-deprived head today:

* I wish I could be one of those carefree people that asks for a free water cup at Chipotle and then fills it with soda, but my conscience gets the best of me every time. I've always been a rule follower, so I will likely always pay the $1.89 for my Sprite.

* Jim Gaffigan is T O O  F U N N Y. Have you seen his "Dad brand" commercials for Chrysler? It's his real family in the commercials with him, too--his wife and 5 kids. I think he's hilarious. I saw him perform live back when I was pregnant with Max; my sister and I took our mom for her birthday. My mom laughed so hard and loud she got weird looks from the people around us.

* I think I would like to be a postal worker in my next life. All the sorting and organizing would be thrilling for me! I wouldn't want to carry heavy packages though, or deal with dogs barking at me all the time (like my dog). In the small town I grew up in, the postal workers walked all over town delivering mail; it sounds lovely to be able to walk around to get your exercise after doing a bunch of sorting/organizing to get your deliveries ready.

* I need to find washcloths for the kids that don't reek of mildew after they air dry. I have these thin Circo brand ones from Target, and I can only get one use out of them before I need to wash them because they get so stinky after air drying. I wring them out completely and lay them out/drape them over the faucet and they still stink; if I re-wet one to wipe Max's face in the morning, his face stinks. The smell is getting so bad that it's not even washing out any more. What gives?! I'm about to toss them all!

* I need to mop my floors. I don't want to admit how long it's been since they've seen the business end of my O Cedar Spin Mop.

* I feel like I'm cheating on watermelon with cherries this summer. They're just so delicious! And less messy. Let's face it, watermelon is very high maintenance. But it's also so delicious.

* I need to clip my fingernails.

*I should have reorganized my closet when I was awake at 7 this morning and the baby went back to sleep. But I also went back to sleep. So that makes about 15 days in a row that I intended to go through my closet but didn't get to it.

* Louisa is long overdue for a bath. I should do it during the day today instead of trying to wait until after dinner, because if I wait until after dinner, she's not getting a bath for another day.

* I need to look into swim lessons for Max. I should've started him last year, but better late than never!

* I need to watch part 2 of the Southern Charm reunion.

* I should end this post so I can go change sheets on beds.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!