Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Currently | July 27, 2016

I hope you're all having a great week! Here's what I'm doing currently...

Thinking | About using Medela bottles for Louisa. I used Playtex Drop-Ins for Max because he was a gassy baby, but Louisa took her first Medela bottle really well last weekend (with no gassy tummy), so I think she'll be ok using those. I have a Medela pump and six 5 oz. bottles, so I'd just need to order a few more nipples (I only have one at the moment); if I used the Playtex bottles, I'd need to continually order the drop-in liners for as long as she took bottles. Either way, I need to purchase something, but I think going with the Medela bottles will be more eco-friendly.

Pondering | How I can get myself and the kids on a satisfying schedule. It's proving to be quite difficult, but perhaps with a little more effort on my part, we can make it happen. Unfortunately, I think this means I'll need to sacrifice even more sleep. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

Needing | To finish Louisa's birth story. I only started writing it a couple of days ago and I'm already forgetting some details! Once it's written, I'll share it with you all. It was quite different from Max's birth story!

Listening | My default Pandora station lately has been Justin Timberlake, and I'm enjoying all the dance-friendly tunes. We've also been watching a lot of Bubble Guppies and I frequently have their songs stuck in my head.

Sipping | My daily bevs include home-brewed coffee, lots of water, and the occasional Sprite (a couple times per week, at most).

Dreaming | About having all of my non-maternity clothes organized in my closet again. And if I don't get my booty in gear and take care of it, it'll continue to be a figment of my dreams/imagination.

Swooning | Over baby Louisa smiles. She is so generous with those sweet smirks these days (especially when getting her diaper changed, being disrobed, or when getting ready to nurse), and I just can't get enough!


Giggling | At Snapchat. I'm proud of myself for holding out for so long before joining, but now that I'm on it, it's pretty fun. I totally understand why people are so selfie-crazy lately...the filters are too good! Add me if you're on Snapchat! My username is rachiepalm.



Going | To Ohio in a couple of weeks! While I'm not looking forward to the inevitable sleep issues we'll encounter being out of our own house and routine, I'm very excited to visit with family and friends in my hometown.

Reading | I'm in the middle of Who Do You Love? by Jennifer Weiner. I've read most of her books, and this one is proving to be just as enjoyable as the rest. I'm also planning to revisit The Sleep Lady's Good Night, Sleep Tight for help with determining and establishing a good sleep schedule for Louisa. I'm looking forward to longer stretches of sleep (fingers crossed)!

Celebrating | The fact that I cleaned out and reorganized our kitchen pantry yesterday! It took a couple of hours from start to finish, with some interruptions throughout (that's life with kids), but I'm so glad it's done! I've been wanting to do that for weeks!

Dreading | My sister moving out. Her travel nursing assignment is ending this week, and she's heading back to Indiana for her next assignment. We've loved having her here with us. Max has so much fun with his "Auntie Ha," and she's such a great help to us. Plus, it's been fun living under the same roof for the first time in nearly 10 years. I shared this article on my personal Facebook page this week ("like" the Little Blue Sailboat page here); it describes my sister perfectly. We're so lucky she's in our lives, and even luckier that she was living with us for the past 3 months!


2 comments:

  1. all about some iced coffee lately! and parks loves the medela bottles! i thought i would use dr. brown's {because so many babies i watched used them} but he didn't have gas and loved the medela with the evenflo slow flow nipples {for three months} and then the natural flow after. hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best on your trip to Ohio. I don't have Snapchat but I can see the fun in the filters. That filter pic with your little one is too, too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!