Friday, September 2, 2016

Oh hey, Friday! | Some things

I seriously can't believe it's September; this year is flying by so fast. I think I've mentioned at least once how I can't wait to be out of the 90-degree weather season. I quite literally melt in such heat and humidity (that's just a cute way of saying I'm always a sweaty mess). It's supposed to be in the 70s here this weekend, but then it'll be back in the 90s next week. I'll take what I can get, though!

I'm linking up again for Oh hey, Friday, and per usual, my theme for the day is...I have no theme.

1 |  This week I've been doing dinner prep every night while listening to the Justin Timberlake station on Pandora, which means I'm also doing a lot of dancing while I do my dinner prep. If you follow me on Snapchat (username: rachiepalm), you may have seen some of my #dinnerprepdanceparty snaps. I also shared a few on Instagram and Facebook, but the Snapchat filters take them to a whole different level. I encourage you to partake in your own Dinner Prep Dance Party; it's lots of fun, even if you're the only one dancing. I think I need to get a selfie stick to make my snaps more exciting, though. 

2 |  I made some chocolate chip cookies on Tuesday with Max, and he had such a great time helping (see photo below for evidence). I thought I had found the best recipe a while ago (find it here), but the fabulous mom of some former students of mine (I had her "middlest" and youngest in my kindergarten class) had her amazing recipe featured on a blog recently so I had to make some cookies her way since I can't receive them as gifts from her anymore. I tell you what, I'll never go back! These are THE BEST homemade chocolate chip cookies. I think I ate at least 6 as they came out of the oven. I'm not at liberty to disclose how many I've eaten since then...


3 |  After taking two dance classes in Ohio when I was visiting, I've decided I need to do some more actual dancing on a regular basis, so it's become my exercise regimen. I bought this exercise video at Target the other day and tried it out yesterday. I gotta be honest, I'm not a huge fan; I found it hard to follow (and I've been taking dance since I was a wee one) and it wasn't much fun. Tomorrow I'll be doing Hip Hop Abs instead. However, I can't wait until my Paula Abdul Cardio Dance DVD arrives this weekend! I had this workout on VHS in middle school and it was how I got myself in shape in 8th grade. I loved it and am so excited I found it on Amazon (used, but whatevs!). It's totally dated (check out the warm up!) but I always looked forward to doing this workout so I'm pretty stoked.

My workout DVD collection. Can't wait to add Paula to it!

4 |  My husband thinks he's got jokes. He left this for me in the sink last night after dinner.


In case you can't tell, that's a PICKLE on my SPONGE! If you know nothing more about me, you should know that I HATE pickles! I can't even try them because I can't get past the awful smell! So even though the hubs thought he was being funny, the joke was on him because I refused to touch that sponge right after it had touched a pickle, so he earned himself dish duty last night. HA!

5 |  I'll leave you with this sweetness wrapped in her super soft towel from Portugal.




Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend everyone! Any exciting plans? We have zero. And I'm not mad about it. We'll see where the weekend takes us!



Linking up with
Karli of September Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!