Thursday, November 13, 2014

Things I'm loving today

I love this time of year.

The weather is crisp.  Sweaters and slippers are a daily wardrobe staple.  Pumpkin- and apple-flavored EVERYTHING is available everywhere you turn.  The anticipation of seeing family for the holidays reaches a new peak.  My "I do what I want!" naturally-curly hair finally begins to cooperate as the humidity drops.  I can listen to Christmas music on the daily and not feel TOO weird about it.

Such a glorious time!


Since I'm bursting with loving feelings today, I thought I'd share some things I'm currently loving.  It's kind of a mish-mosh of items, but I'm a mish-mosh kind of gal, so it works.

Sophie & Lili Custom Watercolor Portraits


I happened across the Sophie & Lili Instagram account a while ago when I was browsing the "Explore" tab in the app.  I just LOVE Jennifer's portrait style.  She is so talented!  

Look at this awesome side-by-side of an original photo and her watercolor rendition.


I want to get a custom portrait based off of one of our holiday photos.  She's no longer accepting orders for delivery before the holidays, but wouldn't a custom portrait make a great Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthday...ANY DAY gift?!  Jennifer also does prints for Land of Nod, and she makes custom dolls, too!  Check out her website to see more of her amazing work!


The People's Couch on Bravo


Who'da thunk a TV show featuring people watching TV would be worth watching.  I think it's hilarious!  I doubt viewers would think Victor and I watching TV was funny.  An evening of TV in our house usually consists of Victor talking about something irrelevant and me shushing him so I can hear what's happening.  

Another reason I like the show is it taught me a new phrase: "What the feezy?!"  If you know me well, you know that I can curse like a sailor (I'm working on it...don't judge).  Now that I've got a little set of ears around me 24/7, I'm trying to be more careful about what comes out of my mouth.  I can DEFINITELY make "What the feezy?!" work.  Definitely.

Chrisley Knows Best on USA


This family cracks. me. up.  Todd, the patriarch, in particular.  He has so many funny one-liners, and his southern accent makes them all the more hilarious.  Some of my favorites include:
"Class, not a**."
"Y'all don't know whether to scratch your watch or wind your a**."
"Ignorance I can fix.  Stupid is forever."
"I been there, done that, and got the t-shirt, son.  You just playin' reruns."


Itzy Ritzy Teething Necklace

 source

I was at Target the other day when I came across this necklace and many other Itzy Ritzy products.  I decided to throw down the $20 and give 'em a try.  At this point in my life as a mommy, it was the best 20 bucks I ever spent.  Max LOVES chewing on the beads and running them between his gums, and I actually got a lot of compliments on the necklace.  People were shocked to find out it was a teething tool!  I got the turquoise one pictured above, but there were also gray and magenta options, as well.  There were other styles of beads and also some bracelets and pendants.  If your baby is teething and looking to chew on anything in sight, I'd recommend these products to you.


Family Yearbooks


I saw this idea in an article on Buzzfeed about meaningful gifts you could give your kids.  There are several great ideas, but this one really stood out to me.  Even if you don't give this to your kids as a gift, I think it's a wonderful idea to do each year to document all the memories you made together.  I will be working on our first family yearbook first thing in 2015!


Christmas Music

 Do I need to explain this one?  What's not to love?  I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet and blah blah blah...but Christmas music is good for the soul.  I always get warm fuzzies whenever I put on my Christmas playlist, no matter the time of year.  Instant mood lifter.  I mean, how can you still be sad or mad or sleepy or some other emotion that's not happy when THIS is on?

I remember when this video was released.  Color me giddy.


These socks


My sister got these for Max, and today was the first day he wore them.  It was also the last day he will wear them because they are WAY too small.  But darn it, they're adorbs.  And so are those pudgy legs.


And now for something I'm not loving...
My Max is a bit under the weather.  I gave him my cold (I gave it to Victor, too), and now he has an icky cough.  It's so icky that if he goes into a coughing fit shortly after nursing, he barfs up everything he just ingested.  We're talking several ounces of fresh liquid gold, all over my couch and floor...and me.  All I gotta say is thank goodness for leather couches and hardwood floors...clean up is a breeze.  

I took him to the doctor today and he says everything is fine, health wise.  Just have to wait it out.
But please say your prayers that my sweet little nugget gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!