Monday, November 7, 2016

A Grateful Heart | November 7, 2016

I'm so excited to be linking up with Emily of Ember Grey for the first time for Grateful Heart Monday! 

I've heard/read from many different sources about how gratitude can totally change your mindset and set the tone for better days. I've even read that you can potentially lower your blood pressure by jotting down a few things you're grateful for at the end of each day! (I can't remember where I read that, I just know that after reading it, I started a Gratitude Journal during my wonky blood pressure days when I was pregnant with Louisa--I was trying anything and everything to regulate it!)



Taking time to express gratitude is truly life-changing. Even on the crappiest of days, you can always find something to be grateful for. It naturally leads you to a more optimistic outlook and can even bring a sense of calm to the day.

I like to jot down at least three things I'm grateful for before tucking myself into bed each night. It's a great way to reflect on the day and find the beauty in the little details. My friend Janelle of Simply Love has enlightened me in the past with her Grateful Heart posts, as she typically lists simple things that bring her joy in her day-to-day life. I've used her as my example when I think of all I'm grateful for each day.



What I'm grateful for this week:

+  Halloween is over! (not a huge fan)  Also, how was Halloween just last week? It feels like it was a month ago!

+  my fall decorations materializing in the garage (I have yet to decorate for the season)

+  second-hand baby costumes

+  November and all it represents: family, tradition, home cooking, gratitude, coziness, etc.

+  late-afternoon walks with my babes


+  guacamole

+  roasted potatoes (I don't know how people can swear off potatoes. They're worth the extra pounds, in my opinion)

+  apple cider with dinner

+  the innate sense of joy I feel when I think about Christmastime

+  a nap for mommy

+  Gilmore Girls

+  York Peppermint Patties

+  red leaves


+  the way Max says "Good night" and "I love you" (pronounced "goo nyigh" and "me nyah voo"

+  having too many clothes for my kids (this also stresses me out, but we're so fortunate to be able to provide for them and to also have lots of family and friends who love to spoil them)

+  lightweight sweaters

+  white chocolate mochas from Starbucks



+  chunky baby legs

+  red-headed babies (Saturday was National Redhead Day!)

+  a long-overdue visit with a good friend

+  Sweet Clover barn sales

Have you ever seen anything like this? STUNNING!

My haul

+  family outings (specifically long walks together)

+  our BOB double stroller--a game-changing investment

+  bright blue skies

+  crisp fall weather

+  Bruno Mars is making music again

+  each day gets me closer to Thanksgiving in Ohio

+  LuLaRoe leggings

+  snuggles before bed



I hope you all had a lovely weekend!





A Grateful Heart with Ember Grey

4 comments:

  1. love, love!! and lula love!! I am thankful for people like you... and your second hand baby clothes (and you may not love halloween but you did send the CUTEST halloween card in the world!!) thank you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a cute card, wasn't it? I bought it years ago and kept forgetting that I had it. I'm glad I could send it to you guys!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I have started a grateful journal so many times, I have lost count! You have motivated me to start one today! Love you Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post! I just joined the Grateful Heart Linkup for the first time, too. I love the idea of keeping a gratitude journal. I would love to start one. I love the holiday season and in my mind it's already started!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!