Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Recipes That Rock | Nutella Hot Chocolate

This wintery weather has me craving all the cozy things, and hot chocolate is no exception! I enjoy a Swiss Miss hot chocolate packet as much as the next person, but when I came across this Nutella hot chocolate recipe a few weeks ago, I knew I had to give it a try! Luckily I had a jar of Nutella in my pantry just waiting to be scooped into!

If you love Nutella as much as I do (and I love it A LOT. On our honeymoon in Paris, my breakfast every day was a croissant with Nutella), you NEED this hot chocolate in your life! It's simple and only requires 3 ingredients (although 1 could probably be eliminated) and your stovetop.



Nutella Hot Chocolate
Yields one monster mug (or two small-ish mugs) of deliciousness

Ingredients:
  • 1 . 5 cups milk (I used almond milk)
  • 3-4 tablespoons Nutella (depending on how chocolatey you want it)
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla (this is the possibly unnecessary ingredient)
Directions:
  1. Heat 1/2 cup of milk and Nutella in a small saucepan on medium heat. Whisk until well-blended.
  2. Add vanilla.
  3. Add remaining milk and turn up heat slightly. Whisk constantly until warmed through.
  4. Pour into mug(s), top with your choice of toppings, and enjoy!
Of course I have an Ellen mug
Now just make sure your pantry is always stocked with Nutella in these cold winter months, and you'll never be without this scrumptious warm treat!

Good to the last sip!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of anything like this, but oh my if I don't try it soon!!! Nutella over everything!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!