Saturday, August 1, 2015

Craving Routine and Normalcy

Man, it feels good to be home.

We just got back from another week of vacation.  We got home from Portugal, did laundry for 3 days, then left again.  I know.  #firstworldproblems

Victor, Max, and I enjoyed a beautiful week in Michigan for my mom's family reunion.  We had a fabulous time and I can't wait to share all about it next week.

But for the next couple of days, I'm going to jump back into our daily routine.  And I have never been so excited to do mundane stay-at-home-mommy type things.

Things like:
going to the grocery store
doing laundry
cleaning the house
meal planning
cooking
taking care of the dog
cleaning up toys a bajillion times a day
running errands

I am such a routine-oriented person.  I'm also a home-body.  I love being at home.  These two characteristics combined turn me into a big ball of anxiety when it comes time for extended travel.  The lead-up to departure day is always so stressful for me.  I think Victor has finally come to terms with the fact that I am not the best version of myself leading up to vacation.  But he loves me through it and keeps insisting that we take more trips, so I guess I'm not that bad.  Once we're at our destination, I tend to relax and loosen up.  But I'm always excited to come home, no matter how wonderful the vacation was.

I think the biggest reason I've been yearning to be home and back into our routine is Max.  He's been a trooper through it all, but he has definitely been affected by all this jet-setting.  He used to go down so well for naps and bedtime and would actually request to be put in his crib during storytime.  Over the past 3 weeks, he's been forced to take car naps (the worst).  He was also out way past his bedtime a majority of the nights we were away. He had to navigate a 5-hour time difference in Portugal.  And to top it all off, he had to sleep in a Pack n' Play (ick!).  He now clings to me when I try to put him in his crib and screams for about 15 minutes before passing out.  I hope he'll get back to his old ways soon.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  I can't wait to share all about our trip to Michigan and get back to more regular posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!