Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Recipes That Rock | Pumpkin Dip

So, I have actually managed not to go overly crazy on pumpkin-flavored food and beverages this fall. I think I've only had 2 pumpkin spiced lattes so far, and I haven't attempted to make my own pumpkin roll yet this year, either.  Don't get me wrong, I love most things that taste like pumpkin, but I guess I've decided to exhibit some willpower this year.

That is...until we had plans to go to our friend's house for Halloween dinner and I wanted to bring something fun and fall-y in addition to my cakepops (side note: don't bother making cakepops for Halloween. People just want to eat candy).  I had been to a restaurant a couple years ago that served a pumpkin dip with ginger snaps, and it was so. good.  I wanted to find something similar, so I browsed Pinterest for about 2.5 seconds and came across the recipe below.  

You're welcome.  Seriously.

Fall Pumpkin Dip


Ingredients:

  • 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
  • 1 box (5 oz.--although I used the 3.4 oz one) Instant vanilla pudding mix (you'll just use the powder, don't make the pudding)
  • 16 oz. Cool Whip (you can use Lite)
  • 1/2 tablespoon (about 1.5 teaspoons) Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1/2 tablespoon (about 1.5 teaspoons) cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, Cool Whip, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in a very large bowl by hand.
  2. Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
  3. Serve with fresh apple slices, Nilla Wafers, graham crackers, or ginger snaps.

I said it before and I'll say it again...you're welcome.  It tastes like pumpkin pie.  Light, airy pumpkin pie.  It's sinful.  If your pumpkin pie isn't pumpkin pie-y enough, you could throw this on top instead of whipped cream and take it totally over the top. 




This recipe yields a large amount of this dip.  I mean, you're starting with 16 oz. of whipped cream and 15 oz. of pumpkin.  It's a lot.  But it's good.

Let me know if you try it!

2 comments:

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!