Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Happenings + some Holiday Card love

Happy Monday, y'all!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  It was a great one at our house!  We spent lots of quality time together and did some errand running, too!  Very productive!

We spent Friday night in with a roasted chicken and veggies dinner.  I haven't made a dish like this...ever...which is ridiculous because it's so easy and delicious!  I will certainly be adding it to our dinner rotation!  Victor and I watched a couple of episodes of Aziz Ansari's Netflix show, Master of None, and enjoyed it quite a bit!  We love Aziz's standup, so we were excited to see he has a new show.  Check it out!

Kenny had his regular dog food for dinner.  But lately Max has decided he must be hand-fed...a job he is happy to do!

On Saturday, Victor, Max and I did some shopping around town.  We went to World Market first to look at a dining table I saw in their circular last week.  Turns out the table wasn't what we really wanted, but we did stock up on lots of yummy snacks and treats.  I couldn't believe my ears when Victor said, "This store is pretty cool."  World Market win!  We enjoyed lunch at Qdoba, stopped in at Hobby Works for a bit (per Victor's request), then we headed to the AT&T store to get new cell phones. The upgrading process is so weird now...you do everything yourself once you get home.  No more transferring your contacts for you in the store!  Victor and I are both happy with our new iPhones (I especially love the battery life on mine).

Max fell asleep in the car on the way home...about 2.5 hours after he should've been asleep (he regularly naps from 1 until 3:30 or 4). I took him to his room to finish his nap once we got home and had to wake him up at 6:20 for fear that he wouldn't go to sleep later that night!  We enjoyed a bunch of random stuff for dinner (fishsticks for Max since it's a sure-fire winner for him and I just wanted him to EAT!), then I introduced Max to a favorite game from my childhood, Hungry Hungry Hippos. He did a great job playing and I think he got the hang of it! Looking forward to playing more with him in the future!



On Sunday, we had another delicious breakfast at home, and then we took a family walk to the Starbucks nearby.  It was a beautiful day--albeit a little chilly--and I'm so glad we got out for a little exercise!  Max walked the entire .8 miles to Starbucks and then fell asleep in the stroller on the way home.  Victor and I got to have some nice conversation while we sipped our little red cup concoctions (regular coffee for him, peppermint mocha for me).  It was a lovely family outing.

Pre-walk with our little bear cub.  Hoodie is from Zara.  We bought it in Portugal last summer, but here's a similar one.

This is what a Starbucks date looks like when you're parents.

Victor went out to spend time with a friend while Max was napping, and I did laundry and ordered our Christmas cards.  My favorite way to purchase cards these days is to find a cute design on Etsy for a digital file, then upload the customized version to a printing site to print at a low price (we send out a lot of cards, so the cheaper we can get them, the better!).  This year, I purchased my card design from Jamie at Pink Sangria Designs, and I couldn't be happier!  She has lots of cute products and is so great to work with!  Here are some of my favorite holiday cards she's offering this year.

Vintage Chalkboard Laurel

Glitter Gold Red

Peace on Earth Wood
She also has lots of cute birth announcements, save the dates, and a variety of invitation options.  I highly recommend her shop!  I printed my cards through Vistaprint (which Jamie recommends for her cards' specifications), and I have to say, their prices were pretty amazing!

The rest of Sunday was spent doing some cleaning, manicuring, and football watching.  We've got a pretty busy week ahead, so our low-key, family-oriented weekend was just what the doctor ordered! I hope your weekend was just as lovely!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!