Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Currently | November 4, 2015...and Happy Birthday LBS!

Little Blue Sailboat is a year old today!  I can't believe it was a year ago that I hit "Publish" on my very first blog post.  Blogging was something I had considered doing for a long time, and I'm so glad I started.  It's been a great, exciting journey, and I look forward to blogging more.  It has been a bit challenging to keep up with posting (hence the handful of weeks-long hiatuses I have taken here and there), but I still enjoy sharing with you all, so I always try to make an effort.  Thank you for taking this journey with me.  Remember, you can enter your email address below the "About Me" section on the right hand side of this page, and you will receive an email whenever I publish a new post.  You can also follow me on Bloglovin'.

And now for a November *Currently* post...

Listening:  Max is watching Paw Patrol while I write this blog post.  He's never really watched Paw Patrol before, but it's either that or Daniel Tiger...and I always get Daniel Tiger songs stuck in my head, so this was the lesser of two evils.  When the TV isn't on, we like to dance to the Ariana Grande Pandora station.  Lots of Ariana, One Direction, Justin Bieber, and the like.  Great booty-shakin' music, and Max is all about the booty shakin' lately!

Eating:  Not eating anything at this moment, but for breakfast about an hour ago, I had a whole wheat bagel with whipped cream cheese, a kiwi, and a way overripe banana (ew).  A new obsession of mine at dinner time is zoodles!  I got a vegetable spiralizer last week and I LOVE it!  Tonight I'm attempting to make homemade curly fries!

Drinking:  A glass of very pulpy orange juice.  Yum!  And when I'm not drinking my morning glass of OJ, I'm drinking ice water.  All the live-long day.  And occasionally Max requests to suck on some ice cubes.

source

Wearing:  Skinny jeans and a blue and orange floral blouse.  It was an impulse buy at JCPenney last fall (I never shop there) and I just love it.  This is a nice change from my typical SAHM uniform of yoga pants and a t-shirt.

Feeling:  Pretty great!  No complaints here!  

Weather:  The weather is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s here in Maryland this week.  Sunny and highs in the low to mid-70s.  Max and I have plans to go to a nearby shopping center in the next hour or so.  There is a great pond with a wonderful walking path around it.  Looking to get in some light cardio while pushing Max in his stroller!

Wanting:  A new camera.  A nice one.  All of my blog photos have been from my iPhone lately because my semi-nice camera is on the fritz.  I think it's time to get a legit camera...good thing my birthday and Christmas are just around the corner!

Needing:  A haircut.  Just a trim.  I can't remember the last time I had a trim.  This is the time of year where I also consider coloring my hair.  I don't normally color my hair, but I usually like to go darker in the fall.  I have some gray hairs beginning to pop up here and there, but they're all on the back of my head so they don't bother me too much.  AND, despite this post a few months ago, I have considered getting bangs again.  Thoughts???  If I do, I won't get such heavy bangs like I did last year.

Thinking:  about Christmas traditions that I want to begin with our family.  Max is getting old enough to understand what's going on, so I want to begin some traditions that I can carry on throughout his childhood.  I am researching Advent calendar ideas and some Christmas Eve ideas. We used to take a vacation over the Christmas holiday, but I always said that once we had kids, I wanted to be home in our house for Christmas.  Perhaps once the magic of Santa wears off, we'll resume holiday vacations, but we've got YEARS to go (and hopefully a few more little ones) before that time comes.

source

Enjoying:  Reading.  I can't believe how many books I have read this year...I think my count is at 16! I've discovered several new authors that I enjoy, and I just can't get enough of a good book.  I prefer fiction novels.  My favorite author is Jodi Picoult, but I'm running out of her books to read!  Other authors I have come to enjoy are Kristin Hannah, Liane Moriarty, and Jonathan Tropper.  I'm currently reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.  I actually read this book shortly after I moved to Maryland in 2007.  I'm enjoying it once again!  Who are some of your favorite authors?


I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!