Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Weekend + Monday Recap

I didn't mean to take last week off from blogging. It just sorta happened. It's mainly because I napped while Max napped every day last week and didn't have time to bust out some posts. I also didn't have any good ideas for what to share. But this week is different, so let's get this party started!

On Friday night, Victor, Max, and I, along with Victor's parents, headed to our local Sakura for some Japanese food. We go there pretty frequently (once every couple of months), and we love it every time. Max is still coming around to it, but his behavior gets better and better each time we go.


Max is into taking selfies now.

On Saturday, Victor had to do some work out of the house in the morning, so Max and I went to the grocery store to get some "doh" (donuts) to kill some time. 

He loved pushing his own cart.
During naptime, I put up some alphabet decals in Max's new room, and Victor and I installed his side rails on his bed. Then Victor and I headed to a friend's surprise birthday gathering at a really fun bar in northern Virginia and left Max with his Vovos. 


This bed is officially ready!

We all slept in until 9:30 on Sunday, and then we got to working on hanging decorations in Max's new room. Then we headed out for lunch and errands, which ended up taking close to 5 hours (Max "napped" by falling asleep in the car on the way to Home Depot and sleeping on our shoulders for about 30 minutes as we carried him through the store).

Max had so much fun sitting next to Daddy at lunch. And he ate his body weight in chips and guacamole.

On Monday, Max and I hit the grocery store and Michaels, then had a lunch date at Chick-fil-a. During his nap, I whipped up a photo board for his baby sister's room (tutorial later this week), then took a nap (I didn't nap at all this weekend, so I was overdue). After dinner, Victor and I made a key hook plaque since Max has taken to pulling down the "key bowl" we usually use and helping himself to our car keys (a dangerous activity considering we have remote start in our cars).

I am so happy with how this turned out!

Happy keys well out of Max's reach.

Since Max's new room was officially ready (and by ready, I mean fully childproofed), we attempted his first night in his big boy bed on Monday evening. I wish I could say it went swimmingly, but it was a complete disaster, so he spent another night in his old room/crib (after 3 hours of trying to get him to sleep in his new room). This is exactly why we got his room ready 2 months before his baby sister arrives...to give him time to adjust. We'll try again tomorrow, hopefully with fewer tears and kicks to Mommy's face. Wish us luck!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!